Monday, March 15, 2010

St. Patrick's Day Penguins for My Son's Classmates

St. Patrick's Day is something special to my husband because he is half Irish and it kills him that our son calls it Leprechaun Day! Something created by Hollywood. Anyway, I wanted to make something to share Aidan's ethnic background with his classmates and also to share some traditions his grandmother passed on to her kids and hopefully one day to Aidan.
A tradition in the Phillips' family is Irish soda bread. So I'm attempting to make it for Aidan's classmates so he can share a little about his heritage with the kids, but at the same time take something home that's cute and fun and in honor of St. Patrick's Day! I made an iron-on transfer with a 4 leaf clover and a St. Patrick's Day greeting. So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails