Sunday, March 14, 2010

New Critters Posted on Etsy

I've been really behind with making figurines for gofigurette!, since I was busy making favors for my Grandmother's 90th birthday party. Flower boxes for the ladies and penguins for the kids. Diane was sweet enough to design an awesome favor card for me and it just pulled everything together :)
With day light savings time here and Easter right around the corner (time has just been flying by!), I wanted to make my little chicks for the Easter holiday. When I was trying to figure out how to make a tiny cake topper arrangement, I found that egg cups work just great -how fitting for Easter!
I thought that the egg cups worked out so well that I was thinking about other figurines that I could make and came up with clown babies for baby showers. I think this would make a super cute cake topper and a nice keepsake for the mom-to-be.
Lastly, I wanted to make a few new animals and also go back to making a few familiar ones. The raccoon was something I had made when I gave a gift to Diane, so I thought one would be cute sitting on top of an egg cup. And although I thought I had enough of my dinosaur (flashback Aidan's birthday party, lol), I figured one single one with some rocks and flowers would make a cute topper for a boy's birthday party. The bear with flowers was just to celebrate spring! I think my absolute favorite is my angel-winged pig. What I was really trying to do is match the unusual cup that I found and the pink just made me think of pigs and the saying "When pigs fly".

Being that this saying is an old one and it's not heard that often anymore, maybe this would come in handy as a Mother's day or Father's day cake topper! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails