Friday, February 5, 2010

St. Patrick's Day and Easter Items

I've been busy creating some things for St. Patrick's Day and Easter. I love what I do! It's so much fun and such a creative release. I love cute things but never thought I could make things that are cute until now.

My husband is part Irish decent and I was thinking I should make something for St. Patrick's Day, but not something that would be offensive to people who are Irish. He says leprachauns are a Hollywood made up thing and it's offensive to Irish because it's a celebration of an Irish saint. So I technically didn't make a leprachaun, I made a penguin, but I guess the hat makes it a leprachaun penguin. I put a little 4 leaf clover on his tummy. This first one goes to my mother-in-law because she is Irish and I know she would really find this to be cute.The 2nd item is a mini cupcake with a bunny, grasses, roses, tiny flowers, leaves, and glittered eggs. It's a challenge trying to create things in miniature size, but fun nonetheless! Will be posting new items to our Etsy shop soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails