Thursday, March 4, 2010

Flowers and Cupcakes - Just in Time for Spring!

I don't know about you, but I sure am ready for some sunshine and warm weather. It's been a really wet winter in California and I know for Myrna, New Jersey has been bitterly cold and more snow than she'd prefer to shovel.
We've been tossing around this idea of combining the cupcakes and our flowers and making one of those flower cupcakes you so often see in the florist shops. It was a bit of a learning curve on how I was going to make it, but here's the first one! I think they would make a great decoration for a baby shower, bridal shower, birthday or just to give to someone you think is special. Who doesn't love cupcakes and flowers? So they are a perfect combination!
As I get more time I hope to create a couple other versions with different flowers and colors! The sun is out, but more rain is to come, but for now, I can enjoy this nice pre-Spring day! Before I finish this post, I also made this cute little mini cupcake with my oh so cute monkey with a plumeria flower. This would make a super cute gift and Christmas ornament!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails